Date: July 10, 2012 | Author: Willow Tree Farm | Leave a Comment
Category: Blogger Reviews, Chicken Pie, Willow Tree
From Daisy’s blog Indulge Inspire Imbibe: http://indulgeinspireimbibe.blogspot.com/2012/06/willow-tree-chicken-pie.html
I was recently contacted by the folks at Willow Tree, a local poultry farm in Attleboro, Massachusetts asking if I would like to receive a coupon for one of their 26 oz frozen Chicken Pies. I honestly can not remember the last time I enjoyed a chicken pot pie, (and I definitely have never made one from scratch before), so I happily accepted the offer.
Willow Trees version hit all the right notes of comfort and flavor, with hearty chunks of white meat chicken bathing in a velvety gravy out pouring from a buttery, flaky crust. I ordered the pie via Stop and Shop’s online service, Peapod, which meant settling for the only option available, a smaller 8 oz pie, without vegetables.
If had the option I would have definitely chose the larger pie with classic vegetables, or the version with red bliss potatoes, but even so, this individual serving was ideal on a night where I didn’t feel like cooking. I would happily stock my freezer with these beloved local chicken pies for future meals!
Date: July 3, 2012 | Author: Willow Tree Farm | 1 Comment
Category: Chicken Salad, Recipes, Uncategorized, Willow Tree
As we head into summer, Willow Tree Chicken Salad will likely be making a regular appearance on the plates of thousands of New Englanders. Last week, we asked Willow Tree Facebook fans to tell us how they like to enjoy their chicken salad. We were overwhelmed by how quickly they responded. Here is what they had to say:
- Catherine likes hers on a finger roll
- John likes his plain on wheat with bread and butter pickles on the side
- Christine likes hers straight out of the container (most popular answer)
- Rich likes his on a toasted salt bagel for a sweet and salty treat (great idea Rich!)
- Michelle likes hers on a whole wheat wrap with baby spinach and sweet potato chips
- Laurie sometimes mixes hers with curry powder, or walnuts and grapes over mixed greens (very gourmet!)
- Marnie spoons hers onto a saltine cracker and adds a drop of tabasco
- Georgiana puts hers on a salad
- Allyson likes hers on a bulkie roll with chips on the side
- Michael likes his in a wrap with lettuce, tomato, onion and black olives
- Stephanie likes hers on a bed or lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, and carrots
- Nancy likes hers with fresh-picked garden tomatoes
Thank you fans! After reading that, I think we could all go for a chicken salad snack!
Remember, Willow Tree does ship throughout the continental US. If you’d like to order some, click here: http://www.mcssl.com/store/willowtreeonline
If you are going to be taking Willow Tree Chicken Salad with you on a trip this summer, remember to follow these safe handling guidelines: http://www.chickenscratch-blog.com/have-willow-tree-will-travel
Have a great summer!